This is a family favorite. It is so easy, and just gets better over time. I try and keep the ingredients for it in the fridge, because I get a huge craving for it every now and then. With the chicken, we eat this as a main dish. It is just as good (I actually like it better) without the chicken, and you can use it as a side.
Salad Ingredients:
-2 to 3 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
-1 head cabbage- chopped up (this really depends on what you want, the sauce includes enough for a whole head of cabbage but the recipe originally calls for only half, and sometimes I use that, but I like to use half red cabbage and half green, because it's pretty)
-5 green onions thinly sliced
-1/2 cup sliced almonds (toasted or plain)
-3 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (I buy these already toasted in the Asian aisle at walmart)
-2 pkg. chicken ramen noodles
Dressing Ingredients:
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 Tablespoon soy sauce (we use the less sodium kind)
4 Tablespoons sugar
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 chicken ramen seasoning packet
Directions:
Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl (you'll want a really big bowl so you can stir up the dressing really well), then in a separate bowl combine dressing ingredients and stir until combined. Then pour dressing over salad. You can pour the dressing over the salad just before serving if you like the crunch of the noodles, or you can let it sit. We really like it either way, but it's more flavorful if it sits for a while. We even love it more the next day. The flavor is so yummy.
No comments:
Post a Comment