
In college, I had a roommate who served her mission in France. This recipe is one she got while living there. I have never had crepes taste so good! And they are so easy, which is what I like!
Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons melted butter
Procedure:
1. Mix all ingredients together (I like to use a whisk).
2. Grease your crepe pan (or smallest frying pan). Grease again, as often as needed.
3. Pour a small amount of batter into pan, just enough to cover the bottom. Tilt your pan in a circular motion to spread the batter evenly. It should be very thin.

(tilting the pan--sorry it's blurry)
(after tilting, ready to cook)
4. Cook on low heat for 2 minutes, or until the bottom is brown (your edges will start to look dry and it will be easy to turn). Turn and cook the other side (the other side will cook fast). These cook fast so be sure to watch them carefully.
(ready to flip)
5. Put on a plate. Separate each crepe with waxed paper so they don't stick together.
6. Serve with your favorite fillings. We like fruit, yogurt, and jam for breakfast (sprinkled with powdered sugar). Eggs would also be good. Dessert is fun with Nutella, pudding, fruit, and whipping cream. The French eat it with just lemon juice and powdered sugar sprinkled on top. YUM!!!
Makes about 2 dozen.
2 comments:
I totally made these last night for dessert and then the leftovers for breakfast. We put strawberries and brown sugar in the middle. They were delicious! It takes practice to make sure you get the right amount on the pan! After about the third one I was good to go. I love that the ingredients are mostly healthy and cheap!! Thanks!
I love it that I always have the ingredients on hand! It's one of those breakfasts I make when we're due for a trip to the grocery store and are out of about everything!
Post a Comment